Welcome to the Community Site

Sue
Sue Administrator Posts: 124
edited September 30 in Testing Feedback Loop

This is the first of 5 UAT-specific tests we’d like you to explore and execute on the Community site. Additional announcements may be posted daily.

You should test the site beyond this initial request so, please continue to record your other experiences and exploration in the discussion section provided.

Please record your profile update experience in this idea section.

(1) Update your profile and select an Avatar - either provided or a custom one.

(2) Update your username to first name & last initial if you used your full name and email address in the username field during registration.

Thanks!

4 votes

Active · Last Updated

Comments

• Wytze R.
    Wytze R. Staff Posts: 2

Hi @Sue , updating my username was easy; I can't select an avatar. What other profile updates should I be able to perform? The About Me remains locked, and Activity has a text field but no clear instruction what to use it for.

• Jim_Acesoft
    Jim_Acesoft Member Posts: 12

@Wytze R.

- Click on that small human icon, drop down will appear, there you need to click edit profile, then on right hand side you will see " change picture" and at bottom of that page you will find upload custom profile pic. Hope it helps.

• Jim_Acesoft

@Sue Could you clarify what the Admin section contains? When I click on it, I receive a 'permission denied' message. Is this expected behavior? Additionally, is there a way to resize images when posting images in a comment?

• Jim_Acesoft

@Sue , it would be great if the custom avatar selection section could be moved to the top. Currently, the large emojis make it difficult for users to even notice the option to upload a custom avatar, as they have to scroll all the way down. Having users upload their own avatars would make the discussion board look more professional, rather than everyone using the same predefined emojis.

• Jim_Acesoft

@Jim_Acesoft Appreciate your "eagle eyes."

A permission checkbox was left enabled in error, which explains why you could view settings in your profile. This has been disabled. The profile should now reflect this.

• Jim_Acesoft

@Jim_Acesoft appreciate your layout suggestion on the custom avatar page. We'll have to take this up with the platform to explore how to adjust & resolve the placement.

• Jim_Acesoft
    edited September 12

I am wondering why is my name and avatar showing up instead of the person who actually replied to my question?🙂 @Sue

• Sue
    edited September 12

I forgot to sign-off your profile & sign back on as me after grabbing the screenshot of your profile.

• Jim_Acesoft

Ah! that makes sense :) I've added a post too, just for tracking purpose; please feel free to close that.

• Carla S
    Carla S Member Posts: 2

My feedback regarding updating profile and avatar

• When importing your own image and saving, I would prefer a preview of my new image and the option to adjust it to fit the size of the Avatar icon.
    • After initial click on avatar. Its not intuitive that clicking the image a second time leads to the update profile section.

• Sue

Thank you, Carla. We will share your comments with the platform

• Maria_S
    Maria_S Member Posts: 8

Was able to successfully update the username and avatar. A recommendation would be to advise when creating an account to use the first name and initial last name during registration. I can foresee passwords being forgotten when doing after if not saving or retrieving password at registration.

• Maria_S
    Maria_S Member Posts: 8

Just a thought: A recommendation would be adjusting the dashboard layout by moving the "Getting Started" tiles to the top, just after a brief welcome paragraph. Additionally, the "Growth Path" video can be embedded within the "Conversational Growth Path" tile. Videos enhance community engagement by replacing lengthy text, which is especially helpful for multitaskers who need quick access to information. Including a short video at the top of each section within the tiles would be a great addition, providing a quick overview of what’s inside each section. Statistics on attention span of searching for information websites typically 10-20 seconds whether they would stay or leave. Internal systems could be up to 35% of the workday searching for info.

• Sue

Appreciate your insights, Maria. We'll take each under consideration!

This discussion has been closed.