1 Reply Latest reply: Jun 12, 2012 10:22 AM by Jean Moreux RSS

Chat box pop-up issue - need help

Currently Being Moderated

I am a graphic designer and web developer at Vigorfit. Inc. My employer uses your chat service for quite a while now. On www.vigorfit.com (Vigorfit’s official page) there is a chat button that triggers the chat box, it uses an embedded code from your page, and it works perfectly well (the chat box pops up in a new window as it should).

Here is our issue:

We are making a new landing page now and we want to use the chat service there too. On this landing page I have set a text link to trigger the chat box. I have made a code myself for the popup window, which uses the link to your chat box. I have tested the landing page in 5 different browsers (on a PC), and it works fine in all them – the chat box pops up nicely in a little window as it should.

Problem is the following: on my bosses computer (he is using a Mac), when he clicks the chat box link in FireFox it pops up as it should, but when clicking it in Safari the chat box opens in the same tab and in full size instead of popping up in a new little window.

I thought maybe the problem is caused by my code, so I made a new button on Live Person page, got the embedded code from there and made another version of the landing page using the embedded code I got from your page. But we have the same issue: it works fine on all of my browsers, but my boss has the same issue as with my code.

Do you maybe have an idea what could cause this problem (the chat box opens in the same tab in full page instead in a new pop up window)? And again this only happens on my boss’s computer when trying to launch the chat from Safari.

Here is some additional info that might help:

1 – The new landing page is made using Wordpress

2 - I have tested our landing page on www.crossbrowsertesting.com , I have used the same settings my boss has (Mac + Safari) and the chat box popped up in a new window as it should.

I’m not sure but my thoughts are that maybe my boss has some pop-up blocking settings on his Safari.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you in advance.

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Legend

• Correct Answers - 5 points
  • Helpful Answers - 4 points